Well, I didn’t expect to be writing this post so soon, but it’s a good thing I have to, as I very nearly let June go by without a blog post, contrary to my New Year’s intentions.
ANNOUNCING: THE FANTASTIC FABULOUS PHANTOM PAINS PREORDER GIVEAWAY!
Here is the deal:
Preorder Phantom Pains in your choice of hardcover or trade paperback. Email proof of preorder (screenshot, etc.) to mishell at mishellbaker dot com (using that address is very important so I don’t lose your email). Include your mailing address, if you please. I won’t use it unless you say it’s okay. Also include your twitter handle if you have one.
Every Sunday, from now until my stocks run out (I HAVE A LOT OF STOCKS), I will use a random number generator to pick someone from the list of preorder emails and send that person a matching copy of Borderline, signed. By “matching” I mean, if you preordered a hardcover of Phantom Pains, you get a hardcover of Borderline, signed. If you preorder a trade paperback you get a trade paperback of Borderline, signed. If you have signing preferences (personalize, don’t, make out to “eBay,”), feel free to include those in your email. If you want me to add your address to my address book for the possibility of Random Personalized Mail, do include that information as well. And whatever else you want to include.
Each Sunday’s winner will be removed from the proverbial hat, but everyone else stays in. So obviously, if you preorder early, there’s a better chance of your getting a free book, because I’ll have fewer emails to pick from!
This giveaway is especially FABULOUS for people in the following categories:
- People who didn’t buy Borderline yet but totally meant to, any time now, seriously.
- People who did buy Borderline and now have deep format-remorse but can’t justify forking out more $ for a different format.
- People whose dogs chewed their copy of Borderline into papier-mache’ (looking at you, JASON)
- People whose friends did not return their copy of Borderline and who are too shy to ask for it back.
- People who are trying to win a world record for number of Borderline copies they own (you’ll lose though, at least until I’m finished with this giveaway).
I’d prefer, if possible, that you preorder from an actual book specialist, such as Barnes and Noble.
IMPORTANT: DO NOT READ THE SUMMARY OF PHANTOM PAINS IF YOU HAVE NOT YET FINISHED READING BORDERLINE. IT IS MASSIVELY SPOILERY.
If you absolutely must order from Generic Superstore Who Shall Not Be Named, you will not be penalized, but if you win I will be FROWNING SLIGHTLY as I sign your book, probably: